The Committee on Professional Ethics works with a wide variety of other entities.
Other ACM Entities
- The ACM Special Interest Group on Computers and Society (SIGCAS) is the ACM SIG most directly concerned with all aspects of computer ethics.
- The ACM Publications Board is most responsible for handling ethical concerns regarding ACM publications.
- The ACM Education Board and Education Council promote computing education, including computer ethics. Computer ethics educators may wish to join the Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE).
We work closely with other major computing professional societies, and with the professional societies of other closely related disciplines.
- The IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (IEEE-SSIT)
- The IEEE Computer Society (IEEE-CS)
- COPE highly recommends that educators promote The Pledge of the Computing Professional. For more info, see our official endorsement of the pledge.