Report a Violation of the ACM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
You may use the email form below (or on the Contact Us page) to report a violation of the ACM Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. Before you do so, however, we recommend reading over all of the material on this page.
All violation reports are resolved by the ACM Council, though some portions of the process are delegated to the Committee on Professional Ethics.
Tips for Preparing a Violation Report
- First, familiarize yourself with the Enforcement Policy and Procedures.
- Collect data, and draft a violation report. In particular, don’t forget to include:
- Your name and contact information. If you are an ACM member, your ACM membership number. (Note that you do not need to be a member to file a complaint.)
- The name and contact information (as best you can determine it) for the member that you charge with violating the code. Usually only ACM members (or those pretending to be members, or claiming to speak on the behalf of the ACM) can be charged with violating The Code, so it is helpful to provide any information that you have that indicates ACM membership, and might help us identify the member being charged.
- A concise statement of the facts of the case (as best you know them), and an explanation of why these facts indicate a violation of The Code. It is required to cite which specific imperatives of The Code you believe have been violated.
- Submit your report using the form below. You should expect immediate automated confirmation of your report via email, and follow-up from the Chair of COPE within a few days.
Submit a Violation Report
Our apologies: Our contact form is currently broken. If you need to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org